PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE SCHOOLS AND ORGANIZERS
The Partnerships for SDGs online platform is United Nations’ global registry of voluntary commitments and multi-stakeholder partnerships, facilitating global engagement of all stakeholders in support of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals. The Partnership for SDGs platform is open to all stakeholders, including Member States, civil society, local authorities, private sector, scientific and technological community, academia, and others, to register a voluntary commitment or multi-stakeholder partnership which aims to drive the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Managed by the Division for Sustainable Development, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DSD/DESA), it is intended to provide space for sharing knowledge and expertise among different actors that are engaged in multi-stakeholder SDG-related partnerships and voluntary commitments, and for providing periodic updates on their progress. The platform brings together online registries that were launched in support of various United Nations conferences and processes dealing with sustainable development, including the 2017 The Ocean Conference, the 2016 Global Sustainable Transport Conference, the 2014 SIDS Conference, and the 2012 Rio+20 Conference. It also provides access to several other thematic multi-stakeholder action networks that aim to galvanize partnerships and commitments in support of the SDGs.
Register new initiative:
All stakeholders are encouraged to register their initiatives aimed at driving implementation of the SDGs in the platform at: Register
Once submitted, the initiative will be reviewed for accuracy and published in the registry at: Browse initiatives
Upon registration, please note:
- Be as descriptive as possible. The initiative needs to be SMART - Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Resource-based, with Time-based deliverables
- Do not register proposals. Only concrete initiatives are accepted.
Already registered? Share progress of your initiative
Once the initiative is published, you are encouraged to regularly update the information, and provide short progress updates of the initiative. Once a progress update has been published, it will appear alongside your dedicated initiative page. Submit your progress update at: Share progress
Annual Partnership report
Each year, the Division for Sustainable Development of UN DESA produces an annual publication on Partnerships for supporting achievement of the SDGs. The publication summarizes partnership trends and highlights transformative partnerships.
- 2017: Analysis of SDG 14 Voluntary Commitments (from UN Ocean Conference)
- 2016: Voluntary Commitments and Partnerships for Sustainable Development Goals
- 2016: Partnerships on Small Island Developing States
- 2015: Voluntary Commitments and Partnerships for Sustainable Development
- 2014: Voluntary Commitments and Partnerships for Sustainable Development
- 2013: Voluntary Commitments and Partnerships for Sustainable Development
Other documents/studies: 2015: Partnerships for the SDGs: A legacy review towards realizing the 2030 Agenda The report is each year published on the website of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development.
Ensure your initiative is SMART - Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Resource-based, with Time-based deliverables: Fill out required fields Add in countries where the partnership is operating Fill out contact information Add in deliverables (at least 1) Add in resources (at least 1) Add in Sustainable Development Goals (at least 1) Add in partner connections.
As a registered user, you can interact in several ways:
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT - Click on the Like-icon to show your support.
- STAY INFORMED, FOLLOW INITIATIVES - Follow initiatives and get informed when an update is available. Updates will be listed under the Notifications-icon on the top right user menu.
- COMMENT ON INITIATIVES - Share your thoughts and feedback on other initiatives available in the platform.
- TWEET DIRECTLY TO INITIATIVES - All partnership initiatives have a unique #SDGAction reference number. Send short messages to your own, or others, initiatives by tweeting to the unique hash tags available in the platform.